A generous (anonymous) donor has offered free gift certificates for Null City holiday sale books, Don’t Touch and Tales from Null City. All you need to do is send a picture (or video!) of your pet-pal. I’ll feature all pictures in next Wednesday’s blog post, and will also send up to 25 Amazon gift certificates for your choice of Null City holiday sale books. (On the—wonderful!—chance that I get more than 25 entries, winners will be drawn from the pool.)
To win… please send the following to email@example.com:
- A picture/video clip of your pet. (If you’d like us to include your pet’s name and/or your name, please include that)
- A description of how your pet adopted you, or any anecdotes you’d like to share about what makes them so special.
- Email address and name of the person you’d like to receive the gift certificate. (I’ll send out with a thank you note telling them that the gift is from you.)
Royalties from the gift certificates and all other purchases of Null City books before January 1, 2015 will be donated to two no-kill shelter organizations in the US and UK:
- USA: No Kill Advocacy Center. Headed up by Nathan Winograd, the No Kill Advocacy Center movement is revolutionizing shelters across America.
- United Kingdom: DogsTrust. Active since 1891, this no-kill shelter rehomed almost 15,000 dogs last year.
You’ll be supporting shelters finding homes for pets. You’ll pick up a book that would make a great holiday gift. And best of all, you can show the world why your best friend is a star.
Sit. Stay. Send me those pictures! (Who’s a good human?)
(Thanks to American Greetings for this video. They do not, of course, recommend feeding your dog people cookies or leaving them outside in the cold. Instead, they—like me— wish all a warm, safe home for the holidays and forever.)