I’m complete rubbish at blog awards, as I explain here with the One Lovely Blog Award (not to mention Best Moment, Versatile Blogger, WordPress Family, and Shine On Awards). And here with the Liebster. But when Sue Vincent on her Daily Echo blog nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award the same week that WordPress awarded Freshly Pressed to this post, I have to say that… I didn’t notice at all. At first. That’s because we were taking a holiday and the internet on the gorgeous Isle of Mull was broken.
Actually, lots of things broke on Mull that week including the car (water pump), my cellphone (the Isle of Staffa bogs), the Isle of Staffa (my shoes—well, technically only one of my shoes, but as I still have two feet, that pretty much defeats the whole pair concept), and the internet (the internet). So—along with the novel experience of seeing the cashier on the ferry ‘charge’ two bottles of ginger beer via the almost-lost art of taking an actual rubbing of my bank card—I didn’t know about these awards until I got back to Glasgow, civilization, and more importantly, the internet. I fired up my laptop and saw thousands of hits, hundreds of likes, and a bucketful of reblogs for a blog that generally gets fewer daily hits than http://www.Republicans4HillaryClinton.com.
I was literally gobsmacked.
And so thrilled, so excited, so grateful…
Thank you WordPress! And thank you Sue!
As requested, here are my answers to your ten questions:
1. Why do you have a Blog? That’s easy. My brilliant mentor Mary Rosenblum, the Literary Midwife, told me I had to. She also told me to eliminate said-tags and flashbacks. And post to Pinterest. (She got two out of three… Sorry, Mary.)
2. What inspires you the most? Coffee. (Okay…and the scene below from Casino Royale when Daniel Craig swims to shore. You’re welcome.)
4. What is your favourite Color? Coffee… Duh.
5. Do you prefer the Ocean or Mountain? Yes. (I’m from Seattle, so I’m entitled to both. It’s in my contract.)
6. Tea or Coffee? Seriously? (What part of “I’m from Seattle” are you not getting?)
7. How many languages can you speak? Two. English and pig-latin. (But I’m trying to learn Weegie as I now live in Glasgow. “Ma pal goat a kb fae the dancin’ cos she was steamin.” )
8. What made you happy today? I found out that chocolate is good for your heart.
9. What is your dream? I’m guessing Daniel Craig isn’t available, so I’d settle for new studies by the heart-healthy chocolate team into proving the medicinal benefits of coffee, mojitos, and chips.
10. What is your favourite food? Hello?
I’m going to (blatantly) copy Sue and offer a flower to anyone who accepts this challenge. You’re all award-worthy, and I can’t begin to single any bloggers out. But if you do decide to take this up, here are the rules:
Rules for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
Answer the 10 questions given to you.
Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
- Why do you have a Blog
- What inspire you the most?
- Favourite animal and why?
- What is your favourite Color?
- Do you prefer the Ocean or Mountain?
- Tea or Coffee?
- How many language can you speak?
- What made you happy today?
- What is your dream?
- What is your favourite food?