Batman, Blog, blog award, cats, clowns, dogs, Dr. Laura, Dr. Who, France, Google Translate, humor, liebster, Liebster Award, star trek, star wars, winning
BEST. REWARD. EVER.
After Jo Savill calculated on her blog that at the rate people are spreading the Liebster Award, each person on earth should have received 43 bazillion of them, I was feeling pretty left out. So you can imagine how excited I was when TheImaginator (check out his blog) passed on this award to me. He says, “The award is given to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers; the person nominated needs to answer eleven questions and nominate eleven other bloggers, ask them eleven questions in turn and then comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve been nominated.”
Actually, it’s more of a chain letter, but the best kind because it’s all about me. So here are TheImaginator’s questions and my answers.
What is your favourite food?
- Since chocolate = oxygen, I think we can subtract that from the food groups. That leaves the green stuff I had in the south of France. You have to understand that I come from the US Midwest, where haute cuisine involves jello or mayo. (Or, with alarming frequency, both.) France was a religious experience for my tastebuds. One day we stopped at a little restaurant and I pointed to the set menu. The first thing they brought was a glass sphere clouded with steam. When it was opened, I realized that somehow they had used dry ice to ‘smoke’ the green stuff inside. I took a tiny bite. Can you imagine tasting something that’s a combination of the best chocolate and wine and sex you’ve ever had? You can? Well, I’m sorry but that’s just weird and I’m not going to be coming to dinner at your house. But this stuff was an absolute mouth orgasm. The only thing preventing me from licking the insides of the globe was the presence of the other diners, and even that wouldn’t have stopped me if they hadn’t taken away the globe (despite my begging). I tried to ask the waiter what I’d eaten. He turned over the menu and pointed to a small paragraph on the back. Since I don’t speak French, I took a picture with my phone. When I got back to our hotel, I looked it up in Google Translate. Apparently, my mouth nirvana was “The Ladies Bathroom is the third door on the left and down the stairs.”
What scares you the most?
- Clowns. And presidential candidates. (Or are those synonymous?)
What is your pet hate?
- See #2 above
- Laundry Woman. ZAP! POW! Holy clean undies, Batman!
Who is your favourite cartoon character?
- See #2 above. Oh, wait…
Which do you like better, dogs or cats?
- Cats are like the really popular girls in high school: well-groomed, self-assured, confident that the rest of the world has been put there to wait on their every need. Dogs are sloppy, emotional, and often have something disgusting hanging from the fur on their rear end. Obviously, dogs rule.
If you could travel back in time for a day, when would you go to?
- March 18, 1989. Just before my presence causes an irreparable rift in the space-time continuum, I would say to my younger self, “Really? Are you sure you want to leave the keys in the same car with the three-year-old testosterone victim?”
Sex or chocolate?
Beer or wine?
- See #8
Which famous singer can you best imitate?
- My husband points out that every member of my family should come with a warning label that reads music-impaired. If there are famous singers who are not permitted to perform outside the confines of well-insulated shower rooms, I might be able to imitate them. Or not.
If you could be an animal, which animal would you be?
- Obviously, a cat. Because then I wouldn’t have an owner; I’d have staff.
So many wonderful people have stopped by my blog lately. Since I couldn’t begin to pick favorites, I’m nominating the latest commenters. The questions I would ask each of them are the following:
What was your first car?
What was your last brush with the law?
Star Wars or Star Trek?
Dr. Who or Dr. Laura?
Worst movie ever?
Who would you like to have a conversation with at a cocktail party?
Best guilty pleasure ever?
Who would play you in the movie?
What is something people don’t know about you?
What is the one thing you can’t live without?
As a child (or now!), what did you want to be when you grew up?
Blogs I’m Nominating (you should really take a look at them!):
First of all, let me just say, SCARED STIFF OF CLOWNS!!
Mother has a picture of me hiding behind her skirts when this freakish adult-size, creepy doll-faced weirdo, calling himself Bozo, wanted to give me a lollipop. Was not going to let that happen. Nothing good can come from people who don’t want you to see their real face.
Think John Gacey. Think IT. Think I should have out grown the fear by now…but nope.
This is fun, Barb, I will get to your questions right now. Oh, and yes, dogs definitely rule for all the reasons you mentioned.
Thank you for the award. My one and only, so far.
Doggy's Style said:
congrats on the award.
8 and 9 made me chuckle.
Well done on being Liebstered!
I’d love the laundry super power too, or if you get it, can I send my laundry to you? 😉
I WANT A CLEANING SUPERPOWER, TOO!!
Congrats on the award, and thanks for nominating me! Have you decided already what you are going to wear to accept it? We need to make sure we are not wearing the same dress, that would be so awkward. I think I’m going with a long red dress, off the shoulders. Or a Dolce e Gabbana little black lace number, if you are going in red already.
Really? Cause I hear Jennifer Lawrence is getting rid of that Dior dress. Only worn once, but it’s a real trip.
She seems to trip over just about any dress… What about you take the Oscar dress and I take the Dior SAG awards dress and we trip in unison?
Haha, great post! Thank you for the award! I’m truly honored!
Esther Muhr said:
Somehow I successfully unsubscribed without meaning to do so!
Please re-subscribe me!!!
Love your blog,
Sent from my iPad
Terri L. Spilman said:
Congratulations! Thank you for naming my blog. That was a very clever way of spreading the “wealth”. I too am afraid of clowns!!! I’m very tardy when it comes to passing these things on, but I’ll try extra hard to keep on track. As you can guess, I’m always the one who breaks the chain letter. Thanks again!
Wow…what an opportunity! Thanks for the nomination and I’ll get right down to work…. .-)
And a heartfelt congratulations to you too….
You nominated me! I’m so humbled and grateful, thank you. And I want to thank all the little people…
Loved the post, but now I’m worried – I haven’t a thing to wear.
Laughed at your answers. I’ll be getting mine up soon.
This is fun!
Great…I get the chance to have more people see my blog and it’s been down since Friday. Still no idea what the problem is or when it might be coming back up.
Pingback: Very Inspiring Blogger Award | terry1954
Pingback: Liebe Gruesse aus Liebster Land | My Life in Lederhosen
Hello, I have nominated you for yet another Liebster Award. I hope you don’t already have this one, I didn’t see it on your blog. There are different ones. Come see: 🙂
Pingback: Thank You and World Peace | Barb Taub
Pingback: You won’t believe what I never even noticed… | Barb Taub